10 TIPS FOR WRITING AN ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE KID DAY LETTER
- Set aside some time in a place where you will be undisturbed for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Form a mental picture of the child and the things that you enjoy or appreciate about the child.
- Getting started can be the toughest part. Try “Do you know what I like about you? I like it when you…”
- Begin with a favorite poem or a favorite quote that has special meaning to you.
- Be specific, and be descriptive. Use humor. Don’t lecture.
- Do not worry about the length. A note can be cherished as much as an epistle.
- Write it by hand. Feel free to make edits as you go. Don’t over edit.
- You can mail it, put it in a lunch box, on a bed stand or read it to a child.
- Find time to write another letter. Make it a habit.
- Write a letter now!
WRITE A LETTER TO A CHILD
MARCH 23, 2016
Every child deserves to know how special he or she is. That’s the purpose of Absolutely Incredible Kid Day.
Join Camp Fire USA by writing and delivering a loving letter to a child in your life, or a child in your neighborhood, hospital or shelter who may need some encouraging words.
Imagine the impact a letter written from the heart can have on a child. You can make a difference in a child’s life today.
Tell your friends, co-workers, congregation, school, and family about Absolutely Incredible Kid Day so every child will receive a letter of love on this Absolutely Incredible Day!